Can You Save with Solar Panels?
Yes. You are essentially trading your electricity bill for a lower, fixed bill that can be paid off. Most homeowners will see anywhere from 10-30% monthly savings without having to come out of pocket to get the solar system installed.
What are the top benefits of installing a solar energy system?
- Cost-Effective: Reduced electricity cost and makes a predictable electric bill.
- Tax Savings: Financial incentives for installation which may include Federal and State tax credits.
- Home Value: Can increase the property value when it’s a solar panel system purchase.
- Sustainability: By reducing our dependence on fossil fuel-based energy, we can prevent the release of harmful air pollutants.
- Power Grid Demand: By going solar, you can reduce your energy demand on your power grid during peak demand times.
- Low Maintenance: Solar systems typically require very little maintenance and are durable.
How long do solar panels last?
Solar panels have an average lifespan of 25-30 years. However, they can continue to produce electricity at a reduced rate even after that period.
How does solar work?
Solar panels convert sunlight into direct current (DC), which is then converted into alternating current (AC) by the inverter to power your home.
Purchase VS. Lease, which is right for me?
Purchasing is often a smarter option if you file taxes since you can receive a federal tax credit. Leasing may be better for those who don't file taxes, and both options are transferable to new homeowners.
How long does a solar battery last?
The lifespan of a solar battery depends on the type of battery and how it's used. Generally, a solar battery can last anywhere from 5 to 15 years.